Thursday, April 4, 2019

Game 6 - The Best Thing



The Cubs lost 9-4 with a garbage time 4 runs in the ninth inning. Darvish got the loss but wasn't the problem; 3 earned runs sure but the Cubs didn't hit and the bullpen gave up 6 earned runs.

No the bright side is listening to the amazing broadcasting team of Pat and Ron making me laugh, puzzle and continually engaged whereas if I was watching the game on TV I would have turned it off.

https://www.mlb.com/cubs/team/broadcasters

I grew up listening to baseball on the radio, especially listening to signals bouncing off the clouds from far away places at night. Pat and Ron bring me back to that time and while I will watch plenty of Cubs games this season, I really want to keep listening to the radio.

It is the only way to stomach this terrible season.

Watched Cubs Games: 1.5
Listened To Cubs Games: 4.5
Gave up and read Bleed Cubbie Blue: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Game 66- Brad Brach and the Murphtones

There are two people in the 2019 season that have the power to derail any Cubs game. The first is Daniel Murphy (former Cub but I never r...