Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Spring Training Game 11


I mean, just when you think the Cubs are starting to put together some mojo, they have another meltdown losing 9-2 to the Angels.

The game did feature one of my favorite things, defensive incompetence leading to an inside the park home run for Contreras.

The rest of the game was downhill in some many categories. Zobrist, Bryant, Heyward Happ and Bote went a combined 0-14 and Hendricks gave up 2 earned runs.

An interesting fact for this Spring Training is that when the Cubs have lost a game, they have lost by the average score of 8-3. Of course, as I mentioned yesterday when they have won, they have won big. Do these crazy swings mean anything? Probably not although I wish I could see the Cubs try to close the gap in these blowouts but in reality, these games don't count so I am not going to get too worked up over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Game 66- Brad Brach and the Murphtones

There are two people in the 2019 season that have the power to derail any Cubs game. The first is Daniel Murphy (former Cub but I never r...