Saturday, March 2, 2019

Spring Training Games 6-7


It was a tale of two games with the Cubs being beat up 10-3 by the A's then turning around and doing the same to the Diamondbacks (10-2).

What were some of the highlights?

Almora keeps hitting, I am really liking what I see out of him so far. Same goes for Heyward who picked up another hit in the As game. Quintana and Chatwood both looked good in the Diamondbacks game.

Some of the lowlights?

Well Tseng was again a disaster, I don't think he is making the roster. Outside of him, everyone looked pretty solid.

I really don't care about Spring Training records but at least the Cubs are 5-3 so far. I think the Central is going to be a dog fight this year with the Cardinals and Brewers looking tough (heck even the Reds and Pirates are more stocked) but I think the Cubs are going to give them a run for their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Game 66- Brad Brach and the Murphtones

There are two people in the 2019 season that have the power to derail any Cubs game. The first is Daniel Murphy (former Cub but I never r...