Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Game 11- Where Have Yu Gone, Darvish?


I don't know what of the following things is more depressing at this point:

1) The Cubs going down to an early deficit for the umpteenth time this season (3-0 after 3 this time)?

2) That Yu Darvish again looked, ok-ish? But in this league for his salary ok-ish isn't going to cut it. Oh, he is also 0-2 in 3 starts so far with a 7.50 ERA.

3) Or is it that Hayward is the best hitter on this team at this point? I mean, he should be and all but he is just MASHING it with a .371 average with 13 hits and 9 RBIs (I don't do advanced statistics here at Cubs Watch 19).

At least the bullpen isn't looking too shabby. The offense is looking great and getting contributions from unexpected sources but man the starting pitching, what to do with starting pitching.

Oh BTW, Lester is hurt and Chatwood is starting in his place. I am sure that will go well (what is the eyeroll emoji again)?

I want to be positive and I want every.single.Cubs.player to do well but this season has 500 written all over it unfortunately.

Watched Cubs Games: 2.5
Listened To Cubs Games: 7.5
Bleed Cubbie Blue Recapped it: 1.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Game 66- Brad Brach and the Murphtones

There are two people in the 2019 season that have the power to derail any Cubs game. The first is Daniel Murphy (former Cub but I never r...