Sunday, April 7, 2019

Game 9- Right Back At It


Welp my streak of watching or listening to a Cubs game came to an end this Sunday. I had other obligations and could not listen to my MLB Radio subscription and the Cubs weren't on local cable (LA) so all I was left with was Bleed Cubbie Blue's summary:

https://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2019/4/7/18299601/cubs-brewers-recap-kyle-hendricks-willson-contreras-mlb-scores

plus the always appreciated Condensed Game that MLB offers on YouTube:



Based on all of this recapping here is my hot taek. The Cubs pitching (Hendricks) let them down with Yelich bombing a 2 run homer, stop me if you heard this one, IN THE FIRST INNING. Sure the Cubs came back and "only" losing 4-2 but any MLB team being spotted a 2 run start is tough to surmount in event the best of times.

At this point, I would much rather take a 4-2 loss over a 8-10 or 13-10 type of loss but a loss is still a loss and the Cubs are staring down the barrel of a terrible March/April. Still, it is Spring and hope springs eternal and the Cubs start a homestand which hopefully rights the ship.

Watched Cubs Games: 2.5
Listened To Cubs Games: 5.5
Gave Up, Bleed Cubbie Blue: 1.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Game 66- Brad Brach and the Murphtones

There are two people in the 2019 season that have the power to derail any Cubs game. The first is Daniel Murphy (former Cub but I never r...