Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Game 65- Yu Got Me


I feel like I am taking crazy pills every time Yu Darvish pitches. I watch him and he definitely has the stuff of a major league pitcher. Yet there seems to be something missing.

That missing component leads to lousy results and Yu has 8, count em, 8!, consecutive no decisions. That is crazy. Blah blah blah Coors Field, tough to keep leads yakkity smakitty but Yu was staked to a 4-0 lead off of a few Cubs homeruns.

After listening to the game, I go onto various Cubs fan sites (all excellent BTW) and I read things like "[Yu] threw very well despite allowing the four runs and two homers". Well, no he didn't if he is giving up those runs!

Sure we could talk about how the Cubs battled back and lost by a narrow 6-5 scoreline and we could talk about the offense continuing to do well but really I just can't figure out what to do about Yu. He drives me crazy and yet we are stuck with him for a long time. Do I hope that his stuff translates into wins? Surely but I almost don't want to follow the games he pitches anymore because I am just so perplexed about his talent vs. his results.

Welcome to life as a Cubs fan I suppose.

Cubs Games Watched: 10.5
Cubs Games Listened To: 37
BCB/CI: 17.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Game 66- Brad Brach and the Murphtones

There are two people in the 2019 season that have the power to derail any Cubs game. The first is Daniel Murphy (former Cub but I never r...